Crosspointe Animal Hospital Offers Diagnostic Services
When animals are sick or injured, they cannot tell the veterinarian what is wrong. That is where a vet's skill and experience come in, aided by a range of diagnostic measures that provide information about what is going on inside your pet’s body. At Crosspointe Animal Hospital in Fairfax Station, VA, we use a variety of state-of-the-art diagnostic methods to help our patients achieve and maintain good health throughout life.
The Importance of A Good Diagnosis
Some pet health problems, like broken bones, are easy for vets to diagnose. They can use their examinations, training and experience to recognize what is wrong. Other health problems are hidden. They may involve dysfunction in internal organs or problems that are not visible. Sometimes, there are no immediate symptoms at all. That is where diagnostic tests and equipment can help to find the underlying causes. A prompt and accurate diagnosis means that your pet can begin to receive treatment as quickly as possible, so health problems can be minimized, and your pet can get back to feeling comfortable and energetic.
Types of Diagnostics Used to Treat Our Patients
Your vet will routinely use a variety of diagnostics to help animals when they are sick or injured:
- X-rays detect bone fractures and degenerative conditions of the joints and spine.
- Digital x-rays help to find problems with animals’ teeth.
- Blood tests provide information on how well internal organs are functioning.
- Urinalysis detects excess sugar, protein and other substances secreted by the body.
- Ultrasound equipment uses sound waves to detect problems in soft tissues of the body, without having to do invasive surgery.
- Your vet may use endoscopes that look inside body tissues to find problems.
- Vets also use microscopes and special tests to analyze tissue samples taken during biopsies to find signs of cancer and other issues.
Make Crosspointe Animal Hospital Your Veterinarian in Fairfax Station, VA
Dr. Jerry and his team make patient care their first priority, with the training and experience needed to provide superior veterinary services for their patients in Fairfax Station, VA, Lorton, Clifton, and other surrounding communities. We offer a broad range of services, including preventative care, surgery, vaccinations, wellness care, and boarding. Call Crosspointe Animal Hospital today at 703-690-6600 for an appointment to learn more about the diagnostic measures used to help pets stay healthy and active.